What is breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery or reduction mammoplasty is an aesthetic plastic surgery performed to reduce breast size by removing fat tissues and skin. If you have a disproportionate breast with the rest of your body and you find it uncomfortable performing routine physical activities, you are the ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery. Glitter Gloria plastic surgery consultation helps you to find the best board-certified aesthetic and plastic surgeons and their customized plans for reduction mammoplasty. You only need realistic expectations and a positive attitude towards the outcomes of surgery.
How is the breast reduction surgery procedure performed?
A breast reduction surgery is to remove the excess fat, skin, and glandular tissues from your breast. If excess fat is the reason for enlarged breasts, then liposuction surgery is performed. In some cases, liposuction and excision techniques may serve the purpose. Several factors determine the method the surgeon chooses, such as breast size, the structure of the breast, desired reduction in breast size, personal choices, and surgeon’s recommendations.
The procedure starts by giving local or general anesthesia depending upon the surgeon’s choice and the patient’s anesthesia history. The various ways of providing anesthesia are as follows;
- A circular incision around the areola
- A keyhole pattern incision around the areola and vertically downwards
- Inverted T-shaped incisions
After making the incision surgeon will reposition the nipples, excise the skin around the areola, and remove excess fats, skin, or glandular tissues for reduction. Before closing the incisions, your surgeon will lift and shape the breast to a reduced size.
What are the pros of breast reduction surgery?
- Breast reduction surgery improves the aesthetic appeal of your body
- It helps you to best fit in swimming suits, bras, and dresses
- Alleviates back and neck pain caused by oversized breast
- It provides you a chance to live an active lifestyle
- It improves hygiene and prevents rashes and infections
What are the cons of breast reduction surgery?
- Anesthesia risks
- Blot clot formation
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Breast symmetry irregularities
- Fluid accumulation
- Breast soreness
- Skin pigment changes
- Poor wound healing
- Possibilities for revision surgeries
What is the cost of Breast reduction surgery?
The average cost of reduction mammoplasty is $5913.